This porridge recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free.
- 1/2 Cup Almond flour (ground almonds)
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 tsp xylitol (add more for extra sweetness)
- 1 egg
- Vanilla extract
- Crack an egg into a heat proof bowl, and beat to mix well. Set aside.
- Mix the almond flour, chia and water in a pan. Add some more water if the mix is too thick. Add the xylitol, and then stir.
- Turn on the heat for the almond/chia/water and xylitol mixture to medium low. Heat the mix, stirring often. As it starts to bubble, turn down the heat to low.
- Add a ladle full of the hot almond mixture to the egg and stir well. Then, add another ladle. Stir the mix continuously whilst you add the rest of the almond mixture to the egg.
- Turn off the heat and add a dash of vanilla.
- Serve as is or top with shredded coconut, cinnamon, blueberries, goji berries, cacao nibs, sunflower seeds etc.
This dish can be eaten as breakfast or (with extra xylitol) as a healthy dessert.