A classic beef wellington made LCHF. Simply substitute the pastry with bacon! So easy and just as delicious as the original (if not more!)
(Low Carb, Paleo, Dairy Free, Sugar Free, Gluten Free)
- 1kg beef fillet
- 2 packets of streaky bacon
- 1 punnet mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Chicken liver pate
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C
- Salt and pepper the fillet then sear it in a very hot pan with butter.
- Place browned fillet on a cutting board and cover with chicken liver pate.
- Saute the onion, mushrooms and garlic with salt and pepper in butter.
- Spread mushroom mixture over fillet
- Wrap with bacon using toothpicks to secure
- Bake in oven for 30-35mins until bacon is nicely cooked
- Allow to rest before serving