Bone Broth Benefits
Bone broth is loaded with beneficial immune-boosting nutrients. Including the protein gelatin, which helps improve digestive health, heals and repairs the gut lining, prevents harmful bacteria from adhering to the gut walls and inhibits infection.
- 1 chicken carcass or chicken bones
- 2 chicken feet for extra gelatin (optional)
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 tbsps Apple Cider Vinegar
- * Optional: parsley, 1 tbsp sea salt, 1 tsp peppercorns, herbs or spices to taste, 2 cloves of garlic.
- Place the chicken carcass/bones and roughly chopped vegetables in a large stock pot.
- Pour water into the pot until the bones are covered.
- Add the apple cider vinegar
- Cook on medium/high heat until it starts to boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for six to eight hours.
- Turn off heat and let it cool a little. Remove the large bones and vegetable pieces with a slotted spoon.
- Place a fine mesh sieve over each container you want to store broth in and pour in the broth.
- Refrigerate or freeze your broth.
Drink a cup of broth everyday to boost immunity or incorporate it into as many cooked meals as possible.