This pizza crust recipe is grain-free, sugar-free, and gluten-free.
Makes 1 crust.
- 4 cups cauliflower (about one medium head)
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅓ cup soft plain goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Pulse batches of cauliflower florets in a food processor, until a rice-like texture is achieved.
- Fill a large pot with about an inch of water, and bring it to a boil. Add the “rice” and cover; let it cook for about 4-5 minutes. Drain into a fine-mesh strainer.
- Once you’ve strained the rice, transfer it to a clean, thin dishtowel. Wrap up the steamed rice in the dishtowel, twist it up then squeeze all the excess moisture out. A lot of liquid will be released, which will leave you with a nice and dry pizza crust.
- In a large bowl, mix up your strained rice, beaten egg, goat cheese, and spices. Use your hands to mix well.
- Press the dough out onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper (otherwise it will stick.) Keep the dough about ⅓ inch thick.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 200C. The crust should be firm, and golden brown when finished.
- Add whichever topping you’d like such as tomato base, cheese and your favourite toppings.
- Return the pizza to the 200C oven, and bake an additional 5-10 minutes, just until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Slice and serve
Time Saver Tip:
Make a double-batch of cauliflower pizza crusts; one for now, and one for later. After baking the crusts, wrap up the extra pizza crust in foil, and freeze for a quick pizza dinner to heat up another night.