Sometimes you just need soup. This cauliflower cream soup recipe is perfect for such occasions! Rich & creamy, flavourful, nutritious and oh so tasty. Enjoy with a swirl of pesto as a simple starter or light main meal.
(Low Carb, Gluten Free, Sugar Free)
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 5 large cloves of garlic
- 1 medium white onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 250g cultured cream
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pesto of choice to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- De-stem cauliflower and chop into florets.
- Peel & chop onion into pieces around the same size as your florets.
- In a large roasting pan combine the cauliflower, garlic and onions. Toss with butter and roast until golden (20-30 minutes)
- In a large soup pot combine roasted vegetables, cream, stock and paprika. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer until cauliflower is soft.
- Purée the soup in a blender, adding salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- Serve with a swirl of pesto.