Cauliflower porridge!? Chocolate and cauliflower!? Sounds crazy, I know! But just wait until you taste this amazing low carb breakfast! Its chocolatey and crunchy, nutritious and delicious and will leave you satisfied for hours.
(Low Carb, Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free)
- 1½ cups homemade macadamia nut milk (see our recipe archives for the recipe)
- 1 medium cauliflower head
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 2 Tbsps cocoa/ raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp maca powder
- 4 organic eggs
- 4 Tbsps erythritol (or xylitol)
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor, until a ‘rice-like’ consistency is achieved. Then, set aside.
- Place the macadamia nut milk in a medium saucepan and then bring it to a gentle simmer.
- Add the cauliflower rice and erythritol and stir to combine. Let the mixture come back to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the cinnamon, maca and cacao powder.
- Lastly, add the eggs and stir into the mixture. Cover the pot and let it sit for 3-4 minutes for the eggs to cook through. Stir once more before serving.
- Add your favourite toppings.
* Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers and re-heat before serving.