This mousse recipe is sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, paleo, soy-free, and egg-free.
- 2 or 3 ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup macadamia nut milk (see recipe below)*
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 salt
- Blend all ingredients until smooth
- Scoop into ramekins
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for later
* You can also use home-made almond milk, rice milk or coconut milk in place of the macadamia nut milk
You can play with the quantities of each ingredient to get the right sweetness, chocolatey-ness or moussey-ness that you prefer!
Macadamia Nut Milk
(also sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, paleo, soy-free, egg-free)
- 750mls water
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 3 – 5 pitted dates
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract or seeds of 1 vanilla pod
- Pinch salt
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth
- Strain using cheesecloth or a nut milk bag to separate the pulp from the milk
- Pour macadamia nut milk into a glass bottle and store in the fridge (will keep for 2 – 3 days)
- Dehydrate left-over pulp. Add to muffins or muesli’s or process into a nut flour.
- No dehydrator? Dry in the oven on the lowest temperature possible with the door slightly open.