Sometimes you just want a delicious, healthy treat that you can eat any time, any place. These chewy little balls are just that. They’re flavorful, portable, and incredibly delicious. Perfect for a mid-morning/mid-afternoon snack… or anytime of day really!
(vegan, paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free)
Makes 14 balls
1 1/4 cup hazelnuts, roasted
2 cups pitted dates
3 Tablespoons cacao/organic cocoa powder
– Soak the dates in hot water, set aside.
– Blend the hazelnuts into a fine powder in a food processor.
– Drain half the date soak water, reserving the liquid. Blend remaining soak water and dates to make a date paste, adding extra soak water as needed.
– Add hazelnut powder, date paste and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and mix until well combined. The ingredients should hold together and form a giant dough ball.
– Roll into small balls and dust with extra cocoa powder or desiccated coconut
– Store at room temperature in an airtight container.