This muffin recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free.
Makes 12 small – medium muffins
This is a basic muffin recipe, which you can actually use to make a variety of different flavoured muffins*
- 6 large organic, free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup sifted coconut flour
- 4 Tbsp organic virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 6 Tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Blend together the eggs, coconut oil, coconut milk, honey, salt and vanilla and a medium to large sized mixing bowl.
- Combine the coconut flour with baking powder, and then thoroughly mix into a batter until there are no lumps.
- Pour the mixture into a greased muffin tray and bake at 205 degrees C for approximately 15mins.
There really are no limits with this recipe, and you can play around with the flavours to suit your individual tastes. As my own personal variation – I added a small handful of coconut flakes, 1 Tbsp of chia seeds and another small handful of chopped almonds to the mixture. You could just as easily add raw cacao powder for a chocolate flavour, and top with raw cacao nibs. As another variation, you could add a low carb lemon cream cheese frosting on top for a dessert treat!