Here’s a dairy free alternative to a classic panna cotta – with some added health benefits (of course!) The probiotics from the coconut kefir are good for your gut, raw honey boosts immunity and gelatin has amazing gut healing properties as well as improves mood, joint health and sleep.
This is a basic recipe to get you started but it’s very versatile so feel free to change it up with different yoghurt/cream, milk/milk alternatives or even milk kefir. You can also adjust the flavour with extra spices like cinnamon, cardamon, cloves or turmeric.
(Dairy free, sugar free, gluten free, paleo)
1 cup coconut yoghurt
1 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon raw honey
2 tsp gelatin powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
-Lightly grease silicon moulds/ramekins.
– Pour coconut milk into a medium saucepan.
– Sprinkle over gelatin and let it bloom (this should only take a minute or two).
– Heat gently, add in honey and vanilla and whisk until gelatin dissolves.
– Take off the heat and whisk through coconut kefir.
– Pour into glasses, jars, ramekins or silicon moulds.
– Either turn out your moulds/ramekins or serve straight from your glasses or jars.
– Serve for breakfast with fruit and granola or as a dessert with macadamia caramel and toasted coconut.