These easter eggs are a delicious treat for your family. They’re low carb & guilt free.
Instead of spending too much money on chocolate you will only regret eating, how about making your own healthy Easter eggs?
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 250g almond nut butter
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup powdered eyrthritol
- 180g dark chocolate (70% or darker)
- 4 Tbsp ghee/butter
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut, and erythritol.
- Over medium-low heat melt almond butter and coconut oil.
- Once melted, add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread onto a parchment lined baking tray to desired thickness.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours or until set.
- Using a small oval cookie cutter, cut out as many egg shapes as possible (either eat or reform any scraps into a single layer and cut out more eggs.)
- Place the eggs back in the refrigerator to harden again.
- Over a double boiler, melt the chocolate and ghee. Whisk to combine.
- Dip the eggs, one at a time and cover with chocolate.
- Place the dipped eggs on a plate/dish lined with parchment paper and place in the fridge to set (about 30 minutes).