Whilst a lot of gluten free banana bread recipes may leave you with a dense end result, this one certainly will not. This banana bread is light, not overly moist, and completely delicious. Best enjoyed fresh from the oven, or lightly toasted.
Serves: 1 whole loaf
3 free-range eggs
1/2 cup raw saligna/eucalyptus honey
1/4 cup full cream yogurt (plain)
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup gluten-free granola, plus more for topping (we used Stonelodge Nut & Seed Granola or chopped nuts of choice
1 tsp vanilla extract
2.5 cups almond flour
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda (aluminium free)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Grease a bread pan with butter or coconut oil.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl (almond flour, granola, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking soda).
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the eggs, then add in the other wet ingredients (honey, yogurt, mashed banana and vanilla). Whisk together until well combined.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients to combine. Fold in the granola or chopped nuts.
- Pour the batter into the bread pan, sprinkle Granola or chopped nuts on top of the loaf, and then bake for 50-60 mins until the centre is firm.
- Allow to cool, then remove from the pan and serve.