This cupcake recipe is both gluten-free, and sugar-free.
- 1 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 heaped tsp aluminium-free baking powder
- 1/2 T cinnamon
- 3 free-range eggs
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 T raw honey
- 1 1/2 Cups carrots, grated
- 1/2 Cup pecan nuts, chopped
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 120g low fat plain cream cheese
- 2 T coconut oil, solid
- 2/3 Cup xylitol
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, oil and honey and mix well.
- Stir the carrots & pecans into wet ingredients and then stir wet ingredients into dry.
- Bake in cupcake tin at 160 degrees C for 18 – 20mins.
- Cool to room temperature. (makes 10 cupcakes)
- To make the frosting, combine the cream cheese, coconut oil & vanilla and then beat until light and fluffy. Next, add in the xylitol and beat again until smooth. (I just whizzed them all together in my hand blender)
- Spread the mix over the muffins (you may have extra frosting left over).