You don’t get much better than crispy, crumbed Chicken! Well, we have a gluten-free version that you will love.
Serves: 2 – 4
- 4 chicken breasts, flattened
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts and seeds, ground (we used Stonelodge Granola and put it in the processor for a few mins)
- 1 egg, whisked
- 100g spinach, sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 125g plain cream cheese
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and sauté the spinach in olive oil and a dash of hot water until wilted.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the sautéed spinach and the rest of the filling ingredients.
- Place the flattened chicken breasts on a surface, then fill each breast with 1/4 of the filling mixture. Close the chicken breasts with toothpicks to form chicken parcels.
- Combine the almond flour and crushed nuts and seeds on a plate.
- Put the non-stick frying pan back onto the stovetop, and heat the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Dip the stuffed chicken breasts one by one into the whisked egg, then into the crumb mix, then place into the frying pan.
- Brown the crumbed chicken parcels on either side (±5 mins). Then place them back onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 15 – 20 mins on one side, then turn the chicken parcels over and bake for a further 15 – 20 mins.
- Serve with your favourite sides, such as a Cauli-Mash (recipe here) and Paleo Coleslaw (recipe here)