Gluten-Free Nut Butter Baked Oats are the perfect make-ahead-of-time breakfast option that you can simply pull out of the fridge and reheat in just 2 minutes.
Store them in the fridge for up to 4 days, or in the freezer cut into to easy-to-reheat squares to save you time in the mornings.
Vegan-Friendly (with just a few substitutions)
Makes: 9 squares (where 1 serving will be 1 – 2 squares)
- 1 ½ cups raw gluten-free oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup macadamia nut butter (or peanut butter or alternative), sugar-free, salt-free
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raw honey (or maple syrup for a vegan option)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten (or 1 tbsp ground flax seeds mixed with 2 tbsp water)
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk (or oat milk)
- Preheat the oven to 180’C.
- Place the raw oats into a blender or food processor and blend to achieve smaller flakes. Then add the cinnamon, salt and baking powder to the blended oats.
- In a large bowl mix together the mashed banana and peanut butter.
- Add the vanilla, honey and egg to the banana and peanut butter mixture. Then add the almond milk (or oat milk).
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Pour the mix into a lightly greased square baking pan.
- Bake at 180’C for 20 – 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and springs back when touched.
- Cut into squares and enjoy as is or with a delicious berry coulis.