This green chilli almond milk chicken breast recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free, and sugar-free.
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 2 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk (see recipe below)
- 1 cup organic chicken stock
- 3 – 4 green chillies, finely chopped (deseed if you prefer less heat)
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt, divided
- 2 T unsweetened, organic almond nut butter
- 6 chicken breast fillets (cubed)
- 1 T sesame seeds, toasted (see notes below)
- 2 T slivered almonds, toasted (see notes below)
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- Combine almond milk, stock, green chillies, spring onions, almond nut butter, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook the mixture for 10 or so minutes.
- Add chicken into the sauce pan. Simmer until all the chicken is cooked through and tender (4 – 7 minutes).
- Remove from the heat. Stir in basil leaves. Season to taste.
Serve over brown rice with a green salad. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and sesame seeds.
TIPS & NOTES
- Almond Milk Recipe: Blend 2 ½ cups water with a large handful raw almonds and ¼ teaspoon salt. Strain through a nut milk bag or muslin cloth. Use. Keeps for 3 days.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the sauce (Step 1) for up to 3 days. Reheat before serving.
- To toast slivered almonds and sesame seeds, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.