This hot chocolate recipe is dairy-free, sugar-free, soy-free, paleo, gluten-free.
Finally a homemade hot chocolate recipe that is utterly decadent but wonderfully healthy too!
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups almond milk* (or extra coconut milk)
- 3 Tbsps raw honey
- 3 heaped Tbsps cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp cacao butter (optional)
- In a small saucepan, bring milk to a low simmer over medium heat. If using cacao butter add to the milk and mix until melted.
- Add cacao powder, honey, salt and vanilla and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Homemade Almond Milk
(dairy-free, sugar-free, soy-free, paleo, gluten-free)
- 750mls water
- 1 cup almonds
- 3 dates
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Strain using cheesecloth or a nut milk bag to separate the pulp from the milk.
- Pour almond milk into a glass bottle and store in the fridge (will keep for 2 – 3 days)
- Simply discard or otherwise dehydrate left-over pulp. Add to muffins or muesli’s or process into a nut flour.
- No dehydrator? Dry in the oven on the lowest temperature possible with the door slightly open.