This Creamy Coconut & Macadamia Nut Ice-Cream recipe is both dairy-free and gluten-free.
- 1 cup coconut cream
- ½ cup raw macadamia nuts
- Seeds of 2 vanilla pods or 2tsps organic vanilla extract
- ½ cup dried coconut slices/flakes or desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 2T coconut sugar
- 1T coconut oil
- Place all the ingredients for the ice-cream into your blender.
- Blend the mixture until smooth.
- Adjust the sweetness of the ice-cream if needed.
- EITHER freeze the ice-cream for 6-7 hours and then re-blend
- OR place the mix into ice-cream maker and follow the manufacturers instructions.
Health Benefits of Coconut
Although coconut is high in fat, the fatty acids are of the medium chain triacylglycerol or MCT type. MCT’s are quickly converted into energy rather than stored. This encourages thyroid function, boosts the metabolism, and in turn encourages weight loss. Furthermore coconut itself also helps to lower cholesterol, stabilise blood sugar, boost immunity, is antimicrobial and helps reduce stress on both the liver and pancreas. What’s not to love?
Health Benefits of Macadamia Nuts
Macadamia nuts are a rich source of both vitamins and minerals. They contain high amounts of vitamin A, iron, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, as well as folate. Macadamia nuts also contain moderate amounts of zinc, copper, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, and magnesium. Finally these amazing nuts also contain antioxidants like polyphenols, flavones, and selenium.