Typically meatballs are full of milk and bread crumbs, and served over a pile of spaghetti. But not our recipe! We’ve come up with a delicious, healthy alternative that is paleo, low carb, dairy free and gluten free!
(Paleo, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, Low Carb, Dairy-Free)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 500g grass fed beef mince
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 Tbsp Himalayan sea salt
Spicy Coconut Sauce
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/8 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsn ground coriander
- 250ml coconut cream
- 1 can peeled tomatoes
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- In an oiled pan, cook garlic and onions until fragrant and translucent.
- In a bowl add mince, salt and almond flour. Mix.
- Add cooked onions and garlic to the mince mixture and, using your hands, combine well.
- Roll into meatballs about 2 inches in diameter.
- Once your meatballs are assembled, use the same pan to brown the meatballs on both sides.
For Spicy Coconut Sauce
- Put the onion, chilli and ginger in a food processor. Add 3 tblspns water and blend to a paste.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and add the turmeric, chilli powder and coriander.
- Add the mixture from the blender and gently fry for about 5 minutes.
- Then, add the remaining spices, coconut cream and tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and cook a further 5-10mins until done.
- Add fresh chopped coriander and serve over zucchini noodles.
- Eat and enjoy!