This recipe for Nude Fude’s Luscious Lemon Poppyseed Cake is free from gluten and free from refined sugar.
Your life is made that much easier with the range of healthy premixes from Nude Fude.
- 1 packed of Nude Fude’s Luscious Lemon Poppyseed Cake Mix
- 200g Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 5 eggs
- 3 lemons
- 1/2 cup xylitol (over and above that contained in the premix pack)
- 250g Plain, Smooth Cream Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a medium sized cake or bread tin.
- Place the premix into a bowl, keep aside the xylitol.
- Juice and zest all of the lemons, and set aside for later.
- Heat the coconut oil in a small pot, add the xylitol, and 2/3 of the lemon juice and 2/3 of the lemon zest (keep the rest for the cream cheese frosting).
- Once the xylitol is dissolved, add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and combine well.
- Beat the eggs and add to the mixture once it has cooled.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool before topping the cake with the cream cheese frosting.
The Cream Cheese Frosting
- Blend the cream cheese, xylitol, lemon juice and zest together well.