Light, refreshing, with just the right amount of tang. Here’s a lovely sugar free lemon sorbet to cleanse your palate after a meal or simply enjoy on a hot summer’s day.
(dairy-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, low carb)
- 1 lemon’s peel, finely diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup xylitol
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- Combine xylitol, 2 cups water and lemon rind in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until xylitol is dissolved.
- Simmer for another 10mins.
- Remove from heat. Cool completely.
- Strain xylitol mixture over a bowl.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Pour into an ice cream maker*, and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
* If you do not have an ice cream maker, you may freeze it in a freezer-proof bowl. Freeze for 1 ½ hours. Remove and stir with a whisk. Return to the freezer and stir about once every hour for about 4 hours.