These easy low carb chocolate brownies are low carb, dairy-free, gluten-free and soy-free.
Sometimes you just want a brownie and you want it now! This recipe is perfect for those ’emergencies.’ Quick, easy, no-fuss and delicious… oh, and low carb (hooray!)
- 1/3 cup organic cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 60g unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 113g unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup xylitol
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a 9″x13″ baking pan with heavy foil making sure it folds over the edge (this is for easy removal of the baked brownies.) Grease foil with butter or coconut oil.
- Whisk cocoa powder and boiling water together in a large bowl until mixed. Set aside.
- In a double boiler gently melt unsweetened chocolate, butter and coconut oil.
- Pour melted mixture into cocoa & water mix, whisk.
- Add eggs, egg yolks, vanilla, and xylitol and continue to whisk until fully incorporated.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, and salt and mix with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Scrape batter into the baking pan.
- Bake 20-30mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached. Do not over bake! If unsure, take out earlier rather than later – better to have underdone than overdone brownies!
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Unfold foil from the edges and carefully lift brownies from pan and transfer to a flat surface or wire rack. Let cool completely.
- Serve warm or refrigerate for later. They also freeze well.