This low carb chocolate cake recipe is sugar-free, gluten-free, low carb, and also dairy-free.
Yes, another low carb chocolate recipe… What can we say, we absolutely love chocolate! This low carb cake tastes even better than the original, and is so easy. Oh and kids love it too 🙂
- 6 Tbsp cocoa/cacao powder (unsweetened), ideally use raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 150 ml olive oil
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda (ideally aluminium-free)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup xylitol, powdered
- 3 large eggs
- Add the boiling water to cocoa/cacao powder and mix to form a paste.
- Beat the xylitol, olive oil and eggs until creamy and thick.
- Mix in the cocoa mixture and vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients and mix gently into the batter.
- Pour the batter into greased 23cm tin (line the base with baking paper) or silicone cake mould. – Bake at 170 degrees C for 45 mins, the cake tester should come out with sticky crumbs attached but no wet batter.
- Allow the cake to cool in its mould. Leave to cool completely before slicing.
- Serve with cream and strawberries or melted dark chocolate as a drizzle.