This chocolate cake recipe is low carb, gluten-free, and sugar-free.
I wish I could claim this recipe as my own, however it is from the lovely Lisa Kelso at www.preheatto350.com. This cake is lovely and moist, looks and tastes like real chocolate cake and is so easy to make.
For the cake:
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup xylitol
- 1 1/4 cups full cream milk
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 7 Tbsps good quality cocoa powder
- 114g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp. vanilla
For the Frosting:
- 500mls heavy cream
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Line the bottom of 2 round 8″ x 2″ cake pans with parchment paper. Grease sides of pan and top of parchment paper with butter or coconut oil.
- Beat eggs, in a large bowl. Add xylitol and milk and combine. Add all of the other ingredients and combine well.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared pans. Bake at 180° for about 28-35 minutes. Cook until cake is just set. Do not over-bake. Slightly under-baking is better than over-baking.
- Let cake cool completely before frosting.
Make the Whipped Cream:
- Combine cream, xylitol, and vanilla in bowl. Beat until stiff peaks form.
Assemble the Cake:
- Gently invert 1 layer onto serving plate and remove parchment paper. Top with about 1/3 of the whipped cream. Place 2nd layer on top. Frost sides and top of cake with remaining whipped cream.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Tastes great with strawberries or raspberries.
Recipe adapted from Preheat to 350