This mini apricot-almond cakes recipe is sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and grain free.
- 2 cans apricot halves
- 1 Tbsp butter, soft
- 4 Tbsps butter, melted
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 3 Tbsps raw honey
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Use 1 tablespoon of the butter to coat the bottom and sides of six ramekins.
- Rinse the apricot halves and place four or five in each ramekin (enough to cover the bottom).
- Separate your eggs, placing the yolks in one mixing bowl and the whites in another.
- Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Stir the almond flour, vanilla, lemon zest, and honey into the the egg yolks.
- Melt the remaining butter, and stir it into the egg yolk mixture.
- Spoon about a third of the beaten egg whites into the mixture and fold it in to loosen the mixture. Fold in the rest of the egg whites until just incorporated.
- Divide the batter evenly over the apricots.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until set.
- Remove and cool for five minutes.