Thick mushroom gravy poured over your favourite roast is the ultimate comfort food! So we’ve come up with a low carb and dairy free version that is just as satisfying and delicious as the original (if not better!)
(Low Carb, Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free)
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup bone broth
- 1 cup water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan fry onions, garlic and celery in 1 Tbsp coconut oil.
- Add cauliflower, bone broth and water.
- Bring to the boil then simmer for 30mins or so, until vegetables are completely cooked and soft.
- Transfer mixture to your blender and blend until smooth, set aside.
- In the same saucepan, sauté mushrooms in the remaining coconut oil until soft.
- Add blended vegetables and continue to cook until the gravy has thickened as desired.
- Serve mushroom gravy over pork shoulder, fillet or your favourite roast!
* A delicious addition to this recipe would be some of the roast juices of the meat you are serving your gravy with.