This delicious soup recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free, and sugar-free.
Serves: 4 – 6
- 3 cups organic vegetable stock
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 7 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 large leek, chopped
- Himalayan Salt to taste
- 350g button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place the vegetable stock and cashews in a high speed blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Set the cashew cream aside.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, shallots and leeks; sauté until vegetables are soft, about 4 or 5 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Slowly add the cashew cream, stirring.
- Add the mushrooms and lime juice and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with black pepper, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Finally, use a handheld blender to process the soup until smooth and creamy. Serve the soup warm.
Benefits of Mushrooms
As a brief summary, many mushrooms are good sources of selenium, an antioxidant, as well as copper, niacin, potassium and phosphorous. Additionally, mushrooms provide protein, vitamin C and iron. Because their cells walls are indigestible unless heated, you must cook mushrooms to get their nutritional benefits. To read more about the benefits of eating mushrooms: click here.