These are lovely thin omelettes that can double as gluten-free/grain-free crêpes. They are incredibly quick to make, no more than a few minutes, and can be filled with whatever you like/have in your fridge.
(Gluten Free, Grain Free, Sugar Free. Omit cheese for Paleo)
Serving Size: Serves 2
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsps heavy cream or coconut milk
- A few fresh herbs such as chives, flat leaf parsley or tarragon
- Small handful of baby spinach
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Butter or coconut oil for pan
- Favourite fillings
- In a food processor pulse the fresh herbs and spinach until finely chopped.
- Add the eggs, cream, a pinch of salt and pepper and pulse until well combined.
- In a non-stick pan, melt butter or coconut oil over medium-high heat, tilting the pan so that it coats the surface evenly.
- Add the egg mixture making sure that it forms an even layer over the bottom of the pan.
- Cook just until the egg is set (when the edges are dry and the top is just set)
- Run a spatula around the edges and lift slightly to loosen it from the pan.
- Repeat with remaining egg mixture.
Add your favourite filling ingredients then fold over half of the omelette.
- Serve over a bed of salad greens