This blissful peanut butter smoothie recipe is dairy-free, sugar-free, gluten-free, and soy-free.
- 1 banana
- 250ml almond milk (ideally homemade, but alternatively use one without flavourants, added sweeteners or preservatives)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- Ice to thicken
- 30g / 1 scoop pure whey protein powder or plain vegan protein powder of choice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp organic sugar-free peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Add all of the ingredients (except the ice) into a power blender, and then blend until smooth.
2. Add enough ice to thicken, and then blend again.
Benefits of Whey Protein
Pure whey protein is a very healthy way to add more protein into your diet. It is a high quality, complete protein source that is absorbed and used very efficiently by the human body. It complains all of the essential amino acids which we require on a daily basis.
Whey protein is particularly important for athletes, bodybuilders, or simply for people who need to gain muscle mass and strength, whilst still losing body fat mass. It is also useful as part of a weight loss protocol simply because it may help you feel fuller for longer.
For a detailed explanation on whey protein, read the article from Authority Nutrition by clicking here.