It can be very restrictive (and disheartening) to follow a candida diet. So here is a fast and easy alternative to your regular pasta dinner! And even if you aren’t on the candida diet, juicy chicken marinated in pesto is absolutely delicious served on top of a bowl of healthy zucchini noodles!
(gluten-free, low carb, candida diet friendly)
2 chicken breasts
1 tablespoon basil pesto
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 medium sized zucchini, spiralized
Salt and pepper to taste
Pesto and parmesan cheese for toppings
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the chicken breasts, pesto, salt, and pepper tossing together until the chicken is coated in the pesto.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Grill or sautè the chicken for about 3-4 minutes per side depending on the thickness of your chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the heat and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Add in the spiralized zucchini along with some salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss everything together and heat through for about 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and divide into two bowls.
- Top the noodles with the sliced chicken, more pesto, and shredded parmesan cheese.