Engystol Tablets 50c
Availability: Only 5 left in stock
Engystol® is a homeopathic medicine that has been shown to have a dual mode of action that boosts your immune system and together with its antiviral activity fights off flu-like infections and colds
Engystol® is a homeopathic medicine that has been shown to have a dual mode of action that boosts your immune system and together with its antiviral activity fights off flu-like infections and colds: 1,3,4,9
Studies have shown that Engystol® does the following in your body:
- Increases the number and activity of scavenger cells, called phagocytes that remove the virus from your respiratory tract. 1
- Reduces the inflammation caused by the infection. 1
- Stimulates your immune system to produce antiviral compounds, known as interferons that weaken the virus. Interferons also play a significant role in regulating immune responses. 3,4
- Provides antiviral activity against viruses such as the Rhinovirus type 14, the Adenovirus type 5, and the Respiratory Syncytial Virus or RSV. 4,9
° Natural at its core
° For the whole family – children above 1 year of age
Adults and children over 12: Dissolve 1 tablet 3X daily in your mouth.
Children 6-11: In case of chronic forms, take 2/3 of a tablet 1 to 3 times a day. Dissolve 1 tablet in approx. 150 ml of water. Give your child 2/3 of the amount and discard the rest.
Children 1-5: In case of chronic forms, take 1/2 of a tablet 1 to 3 times a day. Dissolve 1 tablet in approx. 150 ml of water. Give your child 1/2 of the amount and discard the rest.
When you are experiencing an onset of cold or flu-like symptoms, you may take Engystol® more often to combat the virus:
Adults and children over 12: In case of acute complaints, dissolve 1 tablet in your mouth every 30 to 60 minutes, no more than 6 times a day.
Children 6-11: In case of acute complaints, take 2/3 of a tablet every 30 to 60 minutes, no more than 6 times a day. Dissolve 1 tablet in approx. 150 ml of water. Give your child 2/3 of the amount and discard the rest.
Children 1-5: In case of acute complaints, take 1/2 of a tablet every 30 to 60 minutes, no more than 6 times a day. Dissolve 1 tablet in approx. 150 ml of water. Give your child 1/2 of the amount and discard the rest.
Vinetoxicum hirundinaria (swallowwort) – proposed actions: stimulation of the body’s own defenses with vascular and sympathetic action e.g. in feverish viral diseases such as influenza, mumps etc.
Sulfur (sulphur) – proposed actions: reactant in all chronic diseases e.g. acute and chronic inflammation of the respiratory organs, catarrh of the upper respiratory tract, dyspnea, bronchial asthma, throbbing headache
- Wronski S, Dannenmaier J, Schild S, et al. Engystol reduces onset of experimental respiratory syncytial virus-induced respiratory inflammation in mice by modulating macrophage phagocytic capacity. PLoS One 2018;13(4): e0195822. doi:10.1371.journal.pone.0195822
- Wagner H, Jurcic K, Doenicke A, Behrens N. Influence of Homeopathic Drug Preparations on the Phagocytosis Capabiblity of Granulocytes: In-vitro tests and controlled single-blind studies. Biol Ther. 1993;11(1):43-49.
- Enbergs H. Effects of the homeopathic preparation Engystol on interferon-gamma production by human T-lymphocytes. Immunol Invest. 2006;35(1):19-27. doi:10.1080/08820130500496753
- Roeska K, Seilheimer B. Antiviral activity of Engystol(R) and Gripp-Heel(R): an in-vitro assessment. J Immune Based Ther Vaccines. 2010;8(1):6. doi:10.1186/1476-8518-8-6
- Schmiedel V, Klein P. A complex homeopathic preparation for the symptomatic treatment of upper respiratory infections associated with the common cold: An observational study. Explore. 2006;2(2):109-114. doi:10.1016/jexplore.2005.12.008
- Torbicka E, Brzozowska-Binda A, Wilczynski J, Uzerowicz A. RSV infections in infants: therapy with a homeopathic preparation. Biomed Ther. 1998;16(4):256-260.
- Herzberger G, Weiser M. Homeopathic treatment of infections of various origins: a prospective study. Biomed Ther. 1997;15(4): 123-127.
- Heilmann A. A combination injection preparation as a prophylactic for flu and common colds. Biol Ther. 1994;12(4) :249-253.
- Oberbaum M, Glatthaar-Saalmuller B, Stolt P, Weiser M. Antiviral activity of Engystol: an in vitro analysis. J Altern Complement Med. 2005;11(5):855-862. doi:10.1089/acm.2005.11.855.
- Meneghetti A. Upper Respiratory Tract Infection. Medscape website. https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/302460-overview#showall Published 2018. Accessed August 1, 2018.
- Sugimoto MA, Sousa LP, Pinho V, Perretti M, Teixeira MM. Resolution of inflammation: What controls its onset? Front Immunol. 2016;7(APR):1-18. doi:10.3389/fimmu.2016.00160.
- Biotherapeutic Index: A Medical Compendium for Health Care Professionals. 8th rev ed. Queenswood, Pretoria, South Africa: Briza Publications; 2012.
- Matusiewicz R. The effect of a homeopathic preparation on the clinical condition of patients with corticosteroid-dependent bronchial asthma. Biomed Ther. 1997;15(3):70-74.