Melcura’s mesh dressing coated with a honey-based hydrogel
Ideal for low to highly exuding acute and chronic wounds. Contains a hydrogel impregnated with 30% medical-grade Fynbos honey on a polyester mesh structure that allows passage of exudate through the dressing into an appropriate secondary dressing.
- Contains medical-grade Fynbos honey.
- Ideal for low to highly exuding wounds.
- Exudate easily passes through to a secondary absorbent dressing, preventing maceration of the wound surface.
- Protection against bacterial proliferation.
- Can be cut to wound size.
Size: 10 x 10cm single dressing
Low to heavily exuding wounds such as:
- Pressure wounds
- Superficial and partial thickness burns (first- and second-degree burns)
- Venous ulcers
- Arterial ulcers
- Diabetic wounds
- Fungating (oncologic) wounds
- Donor sites
- Surgical wounds
- As a secondary dressing over a primary dressing for cavity wounds
It is also indicated for:
Dry and non-exuding wounds only when activated by moisture (Melcura HoneyGel) prior to application
Each 1g contains 300mg Honey