This green tea variety is made from tea leaves that have been powdered, which gives it a strong, appealing flavor when brewed. Matcha Green Tea is a favorite of tea connoisseurs, and has been enjoyed for more than a thousand years.
When you consider the powerful flavor and energizing effects of a quality cup of matcha tea, it is hardly surprising that it has remained a popular traditional tea since the 11th century. Matcha is derived from green tea leaves, but unlike other green tea, these leaves go through a special preparation process and are ground into a fine powder. This powder provides a more concentrated tea brew, providing a strong, appealing flavor that is both refreshing and invigorating. Matcha powder is the only tea used in the traditional Japanese tea ceremonies, and is served in countries around the world, both as a delicious tea, and as an ingredient in a number of culinary dishes. It’s also commonly combined with Genmaicha to create a popular blend in Japan.
- Natural Source of Antioxidants
- Rich in Vitamins & Minerals
- Energizing and revitalizing
- Bleach-Free Tea Bags
- No Preservatives
- No Artificial or Natural Flavors
- No Artificial Sweeteners
- Natural Ingredients
Size: 18 teabags
- Fresh water is essential for brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using filtered or spring water and a glass, ceramic or stainless steel pot.
- Use one tea bag per cup of boiling water. Cover and steep for 2 – 4 minutes.
Consult with a healthcare provider prior to using if you are currently pregnant, nursing, taking medication or have a medical condition.
Organic Japanese Matcha, Organic Japanese Green Tea