This sausage bake recipe will soon become a family favourite! Packed full of flavour, its quick and easy to make and can be served either as a main dish or crowd-pleasing appetiser. Best of all, its gluten-free, low-carb and paleo (if you omit the parmesan).
(Low Carb, Gluten Free, Paleo, Sugar Free)
Makes 4-5 servings
- 650g good quality gluten-free pork sausages
- 1 can tinned cherry tomatoes
- 1 white onion, diced
- 200g button mushrooms, chopped
- 100g streaky bacon, diced
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp basil pesto
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Salt & pepper
- Parmesan & fresh basil leaves to serve
- Heat 1 Tbsp butter in a large skillet on medium heat and brown the sausages. Remove and set aside.
- Add the rest of the butter to the saucepan, and then fry the diced onion in the skillet until translucent. Then, add the bacon, mushrooms, garlic and red pepper and fry until cooked.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir through basil pesto. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the set-aside sausages into bite-size pieces and return to the skillet.
- Cover the pan and simmer another 5 minutes to heat through.
- Serve over zucchini noodles garnished with basil leaves and Parmesan.