Here’s a lovely lunch or light dinner recipe that’s gluten-free, low carb and deliciously healthy.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 120g baby spinach
- 250g cream cheese
- 170g artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 5 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180 deg. C
- Grease a 9in fluted dish with olive oil.
- Layer sweet potatoes in slightly overlapping concentric circles on bottom and upsides of the dish.
- Cut slices in half to fit (rounded side up) around the sides. Brush with olive oil.
- Bake for 20mins or until the sweet potatoes are tender then remove.
- In a medium bowl combine the eggs, spinach, cream cheese, artichokes, mozzarella, Parmesan and garlic; mix well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the crust.
- Bake for 35mins or until the quiche is set.