We’ve tried and tested many delicious low carb savoury tart recipes however, this artichoke and spinach tart recipe is by far our favourite!
This recipe is perfect for lunch or a light dinner, simply accompany with a salad and you have one immensely satisfying meal.
We hope you enjoy it just as much as we do.
(low carb, sugar free, gluten free)
- 750ml or 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 750ml or 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
ARTICHOKE & SPINACH TART FILLING:
- 1.5 cups artichoke, chopped
- 250g mascarpone or cream cheese
- 280g spinach
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- optional extras: add whole cherry tomato on top before baking
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- For the crust, combine the flour, cheese, salt and garlic. Mix well.
- Add the egg and mix until well combined and stiff.
- Press the pie crust into a pie or tart dish.
- Bake the crust for 15-20mins or until it starts to lightly brown.
- Combine the filling ingredients.
- Pour the filling into the pre-baked tart shell – optional to add tomatoes at this point.
- Sprinkle with extra Parmesan.
- Turn the oven up and bake at 180 degrees C for 30 minutes.