Chayah Foods have brought the most exciting products to market in South Africa.
This recipe will show you how to use their natural superfood powders in this recipe for Superfood Date Balls.
These Superfood Date Balls are Gluten-Free, Dairy-free, Preservative-Free and Free from Refined Sugar
- 1 cup cashews/almonds
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 200g pitted dates
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 1 tbsp Chayah foods superfood powder (choose your favourite colour, or colours)
- Soak the dates in some hot water for 30 mins and then drain
- Place wax paper onto a baking tray and set aside
- Grind the nuts into a finer consistency and place into a medium bowl with the desiccated coconut, salt and superfood powder of choice
- Blend together the dates, melted coconut oil and nut butter
- Slowly add the wet mixture in the dry ingredients until the desired mouldable consistency is reached
- Shape into balls and place on the baking tray
- Set aside to harden in the fridge before serving
For brighter colours, add more Superfood Powder to the Mixture or roll the balls in extra powder before refrigerating.