These Bliss Bites give you a delicious dose of fiber, protein and energy in perfect little bite-sized snacks. They’re great for lunch boxes or for a snack on the go.
Free from added sugar, dairy, and gluten. Vegan-friendly.
- 200g Soaring Free Superfoods Super Oats or Super Chia Mix
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Nut Butter of Choice (we love macadamia or almond)
- 200g Pitted Dates
- 100g Dark Chocolate bar (at least 70%)
- Cover the dates in hot water for 1 hour.
- Blend the dates, melted coconut oil and nut butter together.
- Combine the Superfoods Mix with the wet ingredients.
- Roll the mixture into balls, then leave to cool in the refrigerator.
- Melt the dark chocolate using the Bain Marie method (see here).
- Dip the bliss bites into the chocolate (or pour the melted chocolate over them if preferred)
- Leave the bliss bites to set in the refrigerator.
Some Quick Additional Benefits of Fiber from Chia Seeds or Oats
So few of us actually get enough fiber in our daily diets. We need 20 – 30g of fiber every single day, and sources such as oats and chia seeds are rich in this beneficial nutrient.
Some of the benefits include:
- Improved digestion
- Improved satiety at meal times
- Weight loss
- Improved heart health
- Improved blood sugar balance
Foods rich in fiber are definitely beneficial for your health. However, adding too much fiber too quickly to your diet can actually cause discomfort, gas, abdominal bloating and even cramping. Rather increase your fiber intake gradually over a few days or weeks, and make sure to increase your water intake at the same time.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like these: