This walnut buns recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, low-carb and paleo.
A delicious substitution for when you’re craving some bread. Great served warm with melted butter, macadamia nut butter, pesto or any other favourite topping.
- 160g walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 50g butter, melted
- 50g sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- egg white
- poppy seeds
- In a food processor blend walnuts to make a rough flour.
- Whip eggs with the melted butter.
- Mix in the walnuts, sesame seeds, psyllium husk and salt.
- Leave mixture to rest and rise for 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C
- Roll the dough into small round buns (about 4-5), then flatten them lightly at the top
- Place baking paper on an oven tray and place the buns on this.
- Brush the buns with egg white and sprinkle some seeds over them
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes