A quick and easy, gluten-free warm kale salad that is also absolutely delicious! Traditionally kale salads are a pain to make because you have to massage the kale to get it tender enough to eat raw. Giving it a super quick saute in a hot skillet however, lets you bypass this step. So awesome!
6 cups very thinly sliced kale, tough stems removed
2 slices center-cut bacon
2 tablespoons coconut oil
½ cup chopped onion
1½ cups sliced button mushrooms
2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Leaving the bacon fat in the pan, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Chop when cool enough to handle.
- Add coconut oil and onion to the pan and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes more.
- Add kale and cook until slightly wilted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add the bacon and toss to combine.