Sally-Ann Creed’s Yeast Free Pizza
What you need:
· 2½ cups Creeds Stoneground flour
· 2 teaspoons Creeds baking powder
· ½ teaspoon Creeds Himalayan salt
· handful grated parmesan (optional)
· ¼ cup Creeds extra virgin olive oil
· ¾ cup water or milk
What you do with this:
– Preheat oven 200°C.
– Put the flour, baking powder, salt and parmesan in a large bowl and make a well.
– Pour in the olive oil and water. Mix with a spoon or your hands until the dough comes together. Tip onto a surface and knead briefly adding extra flour if needed to create a smooth dough.
– On a floured surface roll out into a large 5mm thick pizza base or into several small bases.
– Place on a baking tray or hot pizza stone. Brush with olive oil, spread with tomato sauce or paste, and scatter with grated cheese. Add toppings to your liking and bake for 15-20 minutes until the base is crispy and cheese is melted.
– You can leave out the cheeses, or place crumbled goat’s cheese or feta on instead.
· tomato sauce, pesto
· grated cheese – edam or mozzarella are best
· pineapple, mushroom, red pepper, grated zucchini
· feta, blue cheese, brie (for a very cheesy pizza!)
· cooked veggies – broccoli, spinach, roast pumpkin
· salmon, tuna, bacon, chicken
· chopped fresh herbs
· grated carrot mixed with grated cheese
– Substitute ½ the flour with different flours such as whole meal, rice, cornmeal or buckwheat.
Note: Water quantity may need to be adjusted as they absorb more water especially corn and whole meal flour because of their high fibre content.