This recipe for zucchini fritters is dairy-free, gluten-free, and sugar-free.
- 350g zucchini, grated
- 3 large organic, free range eggs
- 6 spring onions, thinly chopped
- 1 cup almond flour
- 50g goats cheese, grated (optional)
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 2 tsps Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp dried sweet basil
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Grate the zucchini with a grater or food processor. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and squeeze out all moisture with muslin cloth, a towel or kitchen paper, to get the excess liquid out. Put the grated, dried zucchini in a mixing bowl.
- Add the chopped spring onion to the bowl with the eggs, goats cheese (if using), baking powder and almond flour. Mix these together well.
- Add the garlic powder, 1 tsp salt, pepper, basil and chia seeds on top of the mixture, and then mix until evenly incorporated.
- Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil or place baking paper over a baking sheet. Alternatively use a muffin tray.
- Put tablespoon sized amounts of the mixture onto the baking sheet (or into the muffin tray).
- Bake for approximately 18-20 minutes +/- or until the tops and sides of the fritters are starting to brown.
- Serve the fritters alone with a green salad. Alternatively, for a more substantial meal, stack the fritters in between flattened cajun grilled chicken breasts, and add sliced avocado, peppadew, coriander and tomato salsa.