Sceletium works by assisting the brain in optimizing the function of serotonin. It does this by processes that work on the 5-HT and PDE-4 receptors of the brain. These two receptors are responsible for the chemicals in our brain that regulate mood, cognition, memory, anxiety and stress.
Some Sceletium History…
A traditional African medicine, it has been used for thousands of years as a mood elevator, anti-depressant, anti-anxiety and stress reliever. Traditionally, it was often used to enhance peoples enjoyment of life in tough times and arid lands. It has been used as an appetite suppressant during times of drought, and hunter-gatherers as a cognitive enhancer to help them on long journeys.
- Each capsule has been standardized to contain 0.5% total alkaloids each.
- Grown organically in Kwa Zulu Natal
- Effective in the treatment of anxiety, stress and depression.
- Effective for use as a cognitive enhancer for studying or working for long hours.
- It is believed to function as a natural SSRI – selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor
Size: 30 capsules
200 mg pure Sceletium Tortuosum per capsule (standardised to contain 0.5 % total alkaloids each). Bovine free capsules.