White Quinoa 400g
Availability: Only 4 left in stock
Truefood White Quinoa is NON GMO, Gluten free and has a low glycaemic index (LOW-GI), this ancient grain is easy to digest, and contains all essential amino acids making it a complete protein and ideal for vegan and vegetarian diets. Considered to be a pseudo-cereal, Quinoa is not actually a grain but a seed that is rich in vitamins and minerals. White quinoa has the same high quality nutrition and earthy flavour as red quinoa, it is great for salads or as a healthy alternative to rice, that adds much needed nutrients to a meal.
- High in Iron an important component of haemoglobin that carries oxygen from our blood to our lungs
- Rich in manganese that fights free radicals within the body and acts as an anti-oxidant
- High in Calcium, Magnesium and Phosphorus that are crucial for healthy bones and teeth
- Rich in Protein that is crucial for many functions within the body
- High in B vitamins that help to maintain energy levels throughout the day
Rinse well before cooking. Mix 1/2 cup quinoa with 1 cup boiling water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 30 minutes or until tender. Cooking tip: 1 cup (250ml) raw quinoa makes 3 cups (750ml) cooked quinoa. One serving is usually ‘ cup (125ml) cooked quinoa.